Mold becomes a problem inside a home or business when there’s excessive humidity or moisture for an extended period of time. The problem can originate from sudden water releases, like a burst pipe or large spill that goes untreated, or from a chronic condition, such as a leaking roof or plumbing. Even high humidity or warm, moist air condensing on cool surfaces can trigger mold problems.
We recommend several ways prevent mold in homes:
- No moisture, no mold! Moisture and standing water allow mold to grow. Keep the surfaces and materials dry.
- Prevention is key. Avoid standing water around house plants as it can lead to mold.
- Dry carpets immediately. A wet carpet can lead to mold in as little as 24‐48 hours.
- Use the exhaust fan in the bathroom; it is designed to eliminate moisture.
- For extensive mold problems, give us a call.
Mold can grow almost anywhere in a home or business. If there is visible growth on painted wall surfaces, property owners should be concerned about what may be growing on the wall’s opposite side. The environment inside the walls of a house often differs drastically from the outside and could create a perfect haven for mold.
If the wall remains wet for a prolonged period, it’s almost guaranteed that the mold growth on the back side will be worse than on the front. At that point, enlist a qualified, certified professional to properly contain the work space and remove moldy materials, followed by cleaning of salvageable framing.
Professionals certified by IICRC have the training and experience to properly:
- Evaluate mold growth
- Remove contamination
- Return the property to its original condition
Have questions about mold concerns? Give us a call at 406-628-0178, or email firstname.lastname@example.org