Mold can often become a costly and cumbersome health hazard for your business. It can lead to expensive and time-consuming repairs if the spreading fungus is not restrained. Its negative health effects can be detrimental to the well-being of your employees, which can also lead to pricey litigations that can hurt your business’ reputation.
Even though mold is a notorious nuisance for commercial properties and businesses, it’s often incredibly difficult to spot. When people think of mold, they often picture the accumulation of black mold visible on walls and ceilings. In actuality, mold spores are microscopic and impossible to see. You might not be able to see mold on your property, but you should still be on the lookout for different signs and causes that may indicate a mold infestation.
What Causes Mold?
Mold results from untreated water or moisture combining with oxygen. Mold can form from accidents involving burst water pipes or leaks. A one-time incident involving water flow can result in costly mold damages if the issue goes ignored. Mold can also result from plumbing mistakes, using wet building materials, and any other issue that may involve water. Not much water is required for mold to start forming.
Even moisture resulting from condensation and humidity can lead to mold issues if you don’t address the problem. Every building has a degree of mold, but you need to make sure that your building is free from toxic mold that could be accumulating in large quantities.
To prevent the concentration of mold, you need to ensure that your building has adequate ventilation, especially in mold problem areas like bathrooms and basements. You should also regularly inspect your water pipes and low points in your building’s structure for water build-up.
Mold Signs and Health Effects
Mold can cause a variety of health issues for employees, so it’s crucial to be on the lookout for signs of mold and its adverse health effects. People working in close proximity with mold may experience various side effects, including nausea, dizziness, respiratory issues, and skin irritation. Employees may also experience irritation to their eyes, noses, and throats. Mold can also permanently impact individuals with underlying health conditions, so it’s crucial that you look for mold warning signs.
Another sign that you’re building may be infested with toxic mold is a distinct, musty smell usually attributed to mold. If you notice any signs of mold, you should consider checking the air quality of your building. It’s easy to overlook a mold problem when it’s not visible. This is why you need to be attentive to signs that may indicate mold growth. The sooner you address the problem, the easier it will be to fix it.
When Is It Time to Call a Professional?
Once you notice signs of mold, it’s important to seek professional assistance in evaluating the degree of mold in your building. Our expert mold crews at Alpha-Omega Disaster Restoration can detect mold issues long before the mold becomes visible.
We work with a variety of businesses, including insurance agencies, schools, restaurants, commercial properties, medical facilities, and many more to ensure that property owners and employees aren’t at risk of experiencing the adverse effects caused by the concentration of mold. We work with businesses and commercial properties to remedy mold issues before they become an even greater risk to individuals.
Call Alpha-Omega Disaster Restoration
Alpha-Omega Disaster Restoration offers essential mold remedy services throughout south-central Montana. We have locations in Red Lodge, Laurel, Billing Height, Billings West End, and Roundup with large, expert crews that can travel all over south-central Montana!
Our crews are on call 24 hours a day, and they have the expertise and equipment to remove mold from your building before it becomes even more of a headache for your business. Contact our team of experts today!