If you are the victim of a house fire, you probably have many questions. Where do you turn? What do you do? Who do you call first? It can be stressful and overwhelming to deal with the aftermath of a fire, but with a little help, you can be prepared to get your house and life back to normal quickly.
- Call your insurance company. If you need more information or decide to file a claim, call your insurance agent to discuss next steps. Discuss your policy and what is covered, and how they can best help you get through this situation. Your insurance company is there to help alleviate stress and to give you all of your options.
- Call a fire damage restoration service like Alpha Omega Restoration. After the fire department puts the fire out, they won’t leave until the property is assessed for damage and, depending on the extent of the damage, the property might have to be boarded up and secured. Alpha Omega is available 24/7 to conduct a free inspection to assess the fire damage and determine the extent of the property damage. A fire damage restoration service can also help you board up your property, clean up soot, water damage, and other construction and fire damage cleanup.
- Make an inventory list. Your insurance company will need an inventory list of damaged property and belongings. It helps if you physically separate and set aside the damaged property from the undamaged. Your insurance company will send someone out to inspect the damaged items for when they assess your total loss. You can use a personal property inventory template as a guide. If an item was a gift, make sure you note that as well. It’s also a good idea to submit receipts with your inventory list to make your claim easier. If your receipts were lost in a fire or if you don’t have your receipts, you can use a copy of a bank or credit card statement as proof of purchase.
- Work with authorities for the fire investigation report. Insurance companies tend to give fire claims top priority, and an adjuster should be out to see you within 24 to 48 hours of the claim. A fire investigator will quickly be assigned to you and your case and will speak with you frequently in the days after the fire. By cooperating with the fire investigator, promptly returning their phone calls and answering their questions, and returning any paperwork, the sooner your claim will be settled.
- Find a place to stay during the investigation and construction. While your claim is under investigation, it is important to stay in a safe, soot-free place. Most homeowners policies include a “Loss of Use or Loss of Rents” coverage, which will pay for shelter, clothes, and food for you and your family during a set period of time.
Making sure you and your family are safe during this difficult time is important. Also making sure you have the proper help and support you need to get your home from its current state to back in good repair is also top priority. Alpha Omega is here to do just that.
Let the Fire Restoration Company Do the Work for You
Alpha Omega is a fully certified restoration company serving Billings, MT and the surrounding areas.When repairing the damage after a house fire, you want to have the restoration company do all the work so that it is done correctly without the possibility of further problems creeping up in the future. Alpha Omega Disaster Restoration is a full general contractor with those appropriate certifications. Call Alpha Omega Disaster Restoration for a free inspection and assessment of your fire damage.
Our crew is on call 24/7 and we will come to assess the situation, document the damage, and then we will work with your insurance adjuster to provide you the fastest and best fire restoration possible. With our help you can focus on your family and relationships, while you let us worry about restoring your physical property to its pre-disaster state. When we are done, all traces of the destruction will be gone, and you will be left with a safe and comfortable home.